The NJLA College and University Section (CUS) Technology Committee is pleased to announce that the NJLA CUS/ACRL-NJ Technology Innovation Award winners for 2011 are the NJVid Commercial Video Collection Team, a multi-institutional statewide effort led by:
- Sandra Miller, Co-Principal Investigator, NJVid IMLS Grant (William Paterson University)
- Grace Agnew, Co-Principal Investigator, NJVid IMLS Grant (Rutgers University.)
- Sujay Daniel, NJVid Manager, NJEDge Senior Information System Architect; and
- Jane Hutchison, Chair, VALE Digital Media Committee (William Paterson University).
The NJVid Commercial Video Collection Team will demonstrate their project at the Technology Innovation Forum on Tuesday, May 3rd, at the NJLA Conference in Long Branch, NJ. They will be joined by this year’s nominees for the Award, who will also demonstrate their individual projects:
- Patricia Denholm, Dean of the Library, and Yolanda Sheppard, Technical Assistant, Sidney Silverman Library, Bergen Community College, for the “Sidney Mobile and QR Library Codes” project
- Barbara Arnett, Web Services Librarian, and Valerie Forrestal, Reference and Research Services Librarian, Stevens Institute of Technology, for the “oneSearchBookMarklet” project; and
- Denise O’Shea, Systems Librarian, Fairleigh Dickinson University, for the “FDU Library eReader and iPad Lending Program.”
The Technology Innovation Award will be presented at the College and University Section Luncheon on Wednesday, May 4th. Please join me in congratulating the winners and nominees for the award at the NJLA 2011 Conference. Registration information is online at: http://njlaconference.info/ The early registration deadline is April 8th.